fredag 12 mars 2021

Rd2 in Alghero , 3 overall

 The track in Alghero was beautiful and a lot of fun but in the beginning of the day I struggled.




The day started of with training and qualifying where I had some big problems with all the people on the track. As the track was around 1.30 min lap time and there was over 60 riders on it at the same time I couldn’t get one complete lap in without yellow flags or slow riders so I ended up qualifying in p.20 and I was really frustrated! But I knew when it’s race it’s a different story, so I tried to stop thinking about it as good as I could.

Then finally race time. I was really calm before the start and I chose a middle gate pick and made a good jump but as I was little bit to much on the outside I lost some positions but after turn two I was around 7th then I made fast work on the people in front of me and after a couple of laps I was 3rd then after some laps I made the move to second. Then I set my sights on the leader! When I got to second there were about 15 seconds to the leader and I took in about one - two seconds per lap before I made a big mistake and jumped out of the track into the advertising signs and went down.. and at that time I was only 5 seconds after the leader..... but I capitalize and was back on the track in 4th and but I lost 20 seconds in the crash. But I regrouped because I really wanted another podium so I charged back and passed back for 3rd then I closed down the gap to second and I tried to make a move but the time had ran out and the race was finished. I’m sad that I trow away a possible top position but I’m really happy about my riding to get back on the podium!

So I ended up 3rd once again and I really enjoy my time on the podium, it makes the hard work worth it!

Now I’m still 3rd in the points with one round to go just a couple of points after second going into this weekend’s race!
I’m really excited!

Unfortunately I had a crash during this weeks training and I hit my hand pretty hard but I will try my best to be fully ready for Sunday’s race! I know that my speed is there so I can tell you I will do my best again and try to come out on top!

Thanks for all the support!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar