torsdag 5 september 2019

Swedish Championship, rain and crazy race


 
Hi,
Another race weekend is over. And I had quite an difficult time. This time we had a lot of rain pouring down so the already difficult track got even more difficult. And also there was the fight for the championship, and unfortunately I lost 2nd place and the leader claimed the overall championship. But I’m currently 20p down from 2nd place and still in 3rd with one round left.



The weekend in Borås started of great with free practice and qualifying where I from the beginning sat the fastest lap-times and ending up 1st in free practice and also qualifying. I had a great feeling and I was more than ready to be up front battling.

Race 1. Made a bad start but charged in the first lap to be in 5th behind the championship leader then we made one pass after almost half of the race to go 3rd and 4th but even though I felt really good I couldn’t get the pass done, I tried my best. So I ended up in 4th.

Race 2. The rain is going down crazy and I make a decent start to be around 5th place then when we got two corners away my championship rival pushed me out of the track and flowed me into a mud hole where I got stuck and couldn’t get away. This was really really crazy of that guy to do as he also lost some spots. But for me I was just way back in the pack and struggled with everything, speed, passing, goggles and the in the end of the moto my bike ran out of water (broken radiator) so I had to make an DNF. Really angry and disappointed.



Race 3. I made a ok start was around 7th made some passes got up to 5th then closed the gap to the leader pack but I also got into a battle with my championship rival again and he is just madness, tried to take me out everywhere and it ended up with him launching his bike in the air. I’m just saying this guy is a danger. But anyway lost the gap I made to the leaders when he came so I went to the finish line in 5th.

I’m really mad and disappointed at this weekend but I’m still in the hunt for 2nd place with 1 more round left. Going 4th - DNF - 5th is not where my speed is at but there was a lot of factors playing in this weekend so I’m just really looking forward to a strong finish in the last one.

Next race JSM Helsingborg where I’m the points leader and it’s the last race!

Thanks for supporting me!  




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar