onsdag 24 april 2019

Total 6a på första SMet -19

The Swedish championship started of at a sandy landskrona and it was the first race of the season on sand. I’ve always had a great feeling competing at the MxSm and always know that I’m a top contender, which feels amazing. As this year will be one of the first years I a long time where i will do the whole championship is so much fun, and I’m surging for great results.
Anyway the race at landskrona started of quite rough on the free practice and time practice because I used a bike I have never tested on sand before and got myself arm pump which I usually never get. So that was bad and so was my riding. It was very stiff and not the way I use to ride. After the session was done I felt really disappointed on myself. I finished p.6 and hade to go out on the gate for the first race in 12th place.

We went out for the first race and I made quite a good jump of the gate but the guy beside me and I touched and i almost crashed, but was totally last. Then worked my way up the pack and as this first race is a short one I hade to be really aggressive and that made me quite tired for next days racing. But I road quite good and ended up in 6th place after struggling passing some guys.

Race two I decided to take my practice bike because I didn’t feel like home on the race bike a yet. So I did that and road with a stock bike. I didn’t make the best start and was probably outside top 20 but charged hard the first laps then just tried to get as far up in the pack as possible and ended up in p:5, but I was completely finished, so tired.

Race 3, was important to get a good start because the track was insanely bumpy and so did I, i was around 10th on the stock Yamaha 😜 then pushed hard for 15 minutes and came up to 5th place then just rolled around as everyone else and finished 4th and I was happy about that because I was really tired from struggling so much on the Saturday. 

The overall was really tight. I finished 6th just 5 points of 2nd place so the Championship is tight! I’m now going to practice a bit on the new race bike and get ready for some hard pack racing, which I know I’m good at, and already proved earlier this year. 
And I’m quite happy I didn’t do anything stupid in landskrona as the track was so demanding it could have been a race where you make mistake but I was solid and I’m now in the championship hunt, which is important. 
Thanks for all the help, I’m grateful! 
Let’s make it work in Linköping next weekend💪

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar