måndag 6 augusti 2018

EMX in Belgium

Hi everyone,
 I’ve been racing this past weekend in Belgium. I did my third emx 250 this year, I had some bad luck but I take with me my good feeling! 


It’s been a hot weekend in Lommel as the temperature has been over 35 degrees probably all week, so it was though but I had a good feeling from the start as I was in Belgium for training last week before the race but also I was feeling it there to but I had some problems that cost my whole weekend. 
As we went out for training on Saturday morning the track was super good and I felt happy and the bike was good. I was trying some different lines on the training and I found some good ones and I had fun. I posted a lap on the training and I was inside the top 10 so I was calm and comfortable. Then the time practice started and that’s when it matter but I had some struggles with my first two laps when I made some big mistakes so I lost those laps and was in like 21 place then I went in to the pits to rest and get more energy. As I went out for my 5th fast lap I posted P.18 but with just two laps to go I lost that position ( p.18 qualify directly ) and dropped to 20th so I tried one last lap and the lap was good but the track was to rough, as it changes a lot from the beginning of the qualification. That’s why you want to post your lap in the first two laps. So with a bit of bad luck I qualified as 20th which means that I need to go to the last chance race. 
As I went out in the last chance I had 4th gate pick but made a terrible start and was just inside top 20 but in the first lap I had already worked my way up to 14 then put the hammer down to close the gap to the leaders and make the pas on 4th place ( 4 riders qualify ) but as he was fighting for the place he cross jumped me in a big triple and as I landed in a soft spot I went over the bars and my race was over. Going from posting one of the fastest lap times in the race and passing for p.4 to find myself on the ground. I actually gonna tell you that’s bad luck all day. I was so close to qualify directly and then riding really good in the last chance but the crash.. but hey I’m not disappointed or mad or whatever because I think my weekend was a good performance from my side and I gave it my all. Now I know what I need to improve and I won’t stop fighting. 
Next race will be in Switzerland in two weeks, I’m looking forward to it! 
Thanks to everyone for sticking around in these difficult times, results will be there I just need time!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar