tisdag 10 oktober 2017

Last 125 race,, Team Sweden 3e in Coupe de l'avenir

Coupe de l'avenir was going to be my last race on 125 and I'm really happy to end this season strong with team Sweden!!
This race is a national race and 14 countries pick 3 riders in 3 different classes.
I was picked to perform in the 125 class on my Yamaha yz125 Gytr bike. Viktor Farlèn and Albin Geraldsson was my team mates for represent team Sweden this raceweekend :)

Friday: me and team Sweden arrived to the track in Belgium and went for track walk and as I already have been here riding once the track was similar to 2015 and I remembered the track layout. We made some changes to the bike and we were ready to race!

Saturday: The first thing we did was going to technical control and when that was finished I had about 3 hours to get ready for the warmup.
Free practice, it was a fun track but really technical. I made some good laps and found good speed fast.
Time Qualification, I went out first on the track and posted a diced lap and was around 10th against the 250s and 450s, I went out again and posted a even faster lap, but at the end I found myself in 10th.
Qualification race, l lined up on the inside and made a decent start against the big boys and road myself up to around 12th place by the middle of the race. And then came back to 10th with 3 laps to go, but then I had a little technical problem and lost some places and ended up in 14th. Team Sweden qualified 5th which was not to bad after everyone of use in Swe crashed one time each.

Sunday:
The day started of with Free practice, and I had a good session. I made one fast lap and ended up in 9th,

Race one:
as me and team Sweden qualified 5th we had okay start positions. I lined up on gate 5 and my team mates 19th and 33. With me having less more power in the bike I think the Swedish coaches made made a good decision putting me on the inside. I lined up and it was time for racing, the start gate felt and I made a really good jump of the gate and was inside top 15 then I charged my way to 10th by the middle of the race and then as the race on the guys in front of me started to get tiered and I charged in to 9th by the checkered flag felt.

Race two:
Ones again I lined up on position 5 but this time I didn't get the same jump off the gate, instead I got stuck after, and was dead last in turn one. But as I know the race is long and the riders will get tiered, I started my charge. By the middle of the race I was around 12th place and then passed a couple of riders to get into 9th, then with 4 laps to go one 450 rider battled me hard but I stayed calm and showed no respect as we ducked it out. The rider passed me some times but I directly passed him back and when the checkered flag felt I once again found myself on a good 9th place.

Race tree:
Again I lined up on the inside and this time I made a awesome start and was fast in to 10th place, then I closed the gap to a group o riders in front of me and i passed them one by one and got up to 7th after some really good battles with the big boys. I fast made a good gap then I smoothly road in to the finish line on a impressive 7th place.

Overall:
Me and team Sweden did a awesome job to finish 3o/a at coupe de l'avenir 2017, coming in with the red plate we did everything we could to finish strong. I was the best Swedish rider and got 8th overall on my yz125 which I'm really happy about. I can't thank my team mates enough for doing there about best finishing the season of this strong.
I'm really happy to walk away from the 125 after two years in the class with yamaha and finishing the season of on the podium for team Sweden means a lot. And big thanks to everyone for the support, I would never have been on this level without you guys, thanks a lot.
Now it's also official that I will be riding the Emx 250 for next year. I will stay with Yamaha Europe which I'm really happy about.
Now I will start the real training on the new bike and i hope for a good winter with training to make me ready for next year. Thanks to everyone!!




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar