tisdag 26 september 2017

Last 125cc SM , First place :)

Me and my team Yamaha Scandinavina has been riding the last championship race in Sweden.
MxSm Finspång: I arrived at the track quite late on the Friday, and we directly went for the technical control and after that me and my dad took a good look and walked  the sand track.
It had been raining all week but the track was looking good, they had made good work to get a way all the water. I was really looking forward to be back in the sand for the last round of the Swedish championship (my 3rd race) and I was expecting good results.
The race was only on one day so so it was a bit tight of time, but it's the same for everyone.

Saturday Raceday:
The day started of with free practice, and I made some good laps and found nice lines. I got the 4th time, just 0,7 seconds of the leader.
But as I have only raced 2 MxSm this year I lined up at 10th place because that was my place in the championship. On this start here in Finspång, it was not to bad with 10th gate pic. And I hade good feeling going in to the races.
Race one was about to start and I got a good start position and made a super jump of the gate and was in the second corner about 6th place. I made a very good first lap and was up at 3 place, and closed the gap to the two leaders, and I went inside of the second place guy and just the corner after I tock the long way around the leader and fond myself up in front. I then charged to a good and comfortable lead and took the win with 12 seconds. A perfect race if you ask me, and I'm really happy with my fast charge to the lead.
Race two was just some hours after race one and as the first race it was raining a bit but the track was not so bad, actually I was looking forward to ride again.
I made a really good jump of the gate again and was around 6th place in the second corner. Then after two laps I was up in third place and made the pass for second and tried to make up some ground on the leader, but it was a bit to far so I then backed of because I hade around 25 seconds to the third guy and I was comfortable in second knowing that i have the overall win. I finished second in race two and was happy again with my riding.

Overall: perfect day, going 1 and 2 in the races to finish 1 overall, my first SM overall this year. Totaly 8 overall in the championship 2017.
Now I look forward to my last 125 race representing team Sweden again in Belgium at the race Coupe de l'avenir !!

See you !

Best regards 
Tim Edberg 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar