tisdag 26 september 2017

Sm i Västerås

Hi ! 
Great weekend ! 

MxSm: this weekend I drove the 6th round of the Swedish championship (my second one in Sweden) and it was on a hard pack track in Vasteras. The track was looking good, except for all the rain that came on the Thursday it was a good hard pack track and I was really looking forward to go racing on it.

Saturday: when I went out for looking at the track on the morning, just before my training and qualification it was really muddy and hard conditions, so I was really looking forward now.


Training + qualification: the training was really muddy but I fast fond some good lines and everything was good for the time practice (qualification). I went in to the pits to put of some of the mud from the bike and change goggles so I was ready to put in some fast laps. I made two fast laps in the beginning and was on the second place and after that I made one slow lap and checked so no lap riders was in the way and then I pushed one really fast lap and was 1,5 seconds faster then the second guy. As I was in the first group I had gate pic number one for the races !!


Moto 1: I lined up on the far inside and made a great start and I took the holeshot with my Yamaha yz125 gytr bike and I was running the pace. After almost 15 minutes in the lead I made a mistake and the second guy passed me, but I charged and with just two laps to go I made a pass and was back in the lead, I was running up front again but not for to long though the second guy pushed me back just before the 2 lap board was up, but I didn't give up so I chased the leader the two last laps and was just one second after on the finish. But overall I'm happy to get a holeshot and run upfront, and my riding was good. I still have a chance on the overall for tomorrow's race.


Sunday: free practice was of and I found some good lines and good momentum, and I was hoping for a good start again on the race.


Moto 2: I took the same inside line as yesterday and made a ok start, I was around 5-6th place and then found some really good speed and charged up to 3rd fast and then about mid point of the race I made the pas for second and put in the charge for the first place. After some really good riding me and Isak Gifting was battling it out for the overall and we were really going fast, actually we gaped the 3rd with 24 seconds, and I did my best to pass the leader. I tried several times but failed, one time I passed him but he had the inside on the next corner and he passed me back, I did my absolute best but I had to settle for second, just 2meters behind,, but after that race it didn't really matter because I had a lot of fun and we were going European speed all race and I'm happy to finally finish on the podium.


Next up, 125cc MxSm in Finspång but first I will try my new 250 Yamaha toy!!!!!


See you !

// Tim Edberg # 16

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar