tisdag 1 augusti 2017

Totally 7 in the world





Friday: we arrived at the track and my team MJC and my mechanic Adrien was ready with the bike and we directly went for technical control, when everything was prepared I had an interview with mxgp`s Lisa Leyland, which was cool. After all the media was finished me and the Swedish team went out to look at the track and it looked really nice and fantasic environment. I also looked at the track with my coach Steven Frossard as I always do. As it was a team race, mxgp had a team/country presentation also on the Friday.

Saturday: Saturday started of early with free practice, I found some good lines and speed fast so I put in one fast lap in the middle of the session that put me in 4th place after that I did a rear wheel change with a other typ of tire because of the difficulty surface, regular or scoop tire, I chose to drive on scooptire. I felt confident and calm, next up was qualification in a couple of hours. The qualification started of good I was first on track and posted some fast laps and was around 6 place I went in to pit lane to rest a bit and look at the times. I went out on the track again and find some good lines and was on my way to make a very fast lap but just one jump before the finish it was yellow flag and I was unable to put in the lap, but I regrouped and on the last lap did a quite good lap and ended up in p:4 which for me is very good. So now I have gate pick 8 for tomorrow's races.
I have been an race the junior world championship in Estonia:

Sunday: I lined up at gate 8 from the inside, I got squeezed on the inside and made a top 20 start and had some problems the first laps with some riders I could not get around but worked my way up to a quite disappointed 11th place but just some seconds from 4th place so it was very tight. Before  second race it came a little bit of rain but it did not really matter, again I lined up at the 8 gate but now I made a slightly better star and was inside top 15 and worked my way up to the top the fast, in the end of the race I made the pas for 7 place and did my absolute best to cut the gap to the three guys in front of me but it was to far, I was just 6 seconds after 4th place in the finish but I had to saddle for 7th. Which gave me 7th overall in the Junior World Championship 2017, and that I'm quite happy about. 
Actually it's kind of cool to be in the top ten of the world!!

Big thanks to Yamaha , my super-team MJC and my fantasic mechanic Adrien Lamour  ,, and of course all you other sponsors that helps me !!    THANKS !!

New Focus is SAND J and the EMX125 in Lommel, Belgium upcoming weekend.

Best regards 

Tim Edberg #16


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar