onsdag 9 juni 2021

Italian championship Cavallara


 Last weekend I had another Italian championship race. This time in the very beautiful but difficult track of Cavallara, a really typical Italian hard pack track. 





Unfortunately while training last Wednesday I had another crash and I hit my hand really hard ( nothing broken ) but was really swollen and painful. 
Maybe I shouldn’t have raced because of the fact that I could show my real potential because I couldn’t really hold the handlebar with 100% strength. 

But I did and on the Saturday (qualifying day) I road really tight without any flow in my riding which is really important at a track like this so I qualified 11th in my group which is a real disappointment.
Onto the races on Sunday I decided to not race because the hand got even more swollen after Saturday. But after speaking with the team I decided to race anyway. So for race one I made a really shitty start and was battling my way up the field when I got taken out big time and hit the ground again really hard so I decided to DNF that race.

Then I stepped up for race the second race and again made a terrible start. But road a bit more relaxed and finished 11th but that’s a long way from where I want to be but crashes has not been easy on me lately so I have to figure something out to arrive for the first European championship race in a couple of weeks fully healthy and ready to show of my speed and preparations again! 
Thanks! Have a great day!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar