måndag 10 maj 2021

Italy Championship Montevarchi ,10 overall

 I’ve been doing two races this past two weeks, both Italian championship races. 

The first one was in Mantova and it was the first race after my terrible weekend in Maggiora and my body wasn’t yet 100% (body feelt like I have been beaten up by a heavywight championship boxer) going into this round. But I had an decent weekend in my point of view as it felt good to go all the weekend without any big issues. The results where 4th in the first race after a really bad start and I almost passed for third in the last lap but I ran out of time.                 Then for race two I made an even worse start but got myself up to 6th but the gap to the guys in front of me was just to long so I had to settle for 6th and 6th overall.


Then for the latest race in Montevarchi I had a difficult time on Saturday and qualified 5th in my group which gave me 15th gate pick. I just struggled to find the flow with the bike and also this really difficult hard pack track.

Then for the races on Sunday I made two decent starts but was to far on the outside and got parked in the first corner, in the first race one guy crashed in front of me in the start so I lost a lot of positions but in the latest stages of the race I was in 8th but unfortunately on the last lap I went into a crashed rider in a blind side corner so I lost some positions and finished 10th.

For the last race I was around 10th in the opening laps and then I was behind the factory mx2 KTM rider all the race me in 8th and him in 7th and we all had really similar lap times so no one was going anywhere, so would have definitely been a good race if I’ve started in front.          Totally 10 overall.

But anyway good learning experience this race against a lot of top mx2 riders. It’s not the result I want but after some struggles It felt really good that the riding was matching the top riders.          I`m currently 9 overall in the championship. 

Now I will finally go home to Sweden after a long time here in Italy and that will be important for me! 
Also I will make the Swedish championship in Uddevalla next weekend!!

Best regards/ Tim

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar