tisdag 13 april 2021

Rd 1 Italy Maggiora, Not my way.

 Hi guys,

Now it’s time for an update from the first round of the Italian championship in maggiora mx park. I have to say I felt really good going into this race even though I had been of the bike for 3 weeks due to the fact that I got COVID 19 some weeks ago and had to stay home. But like I said that really didn’t effect the way I was riding when I finally got back to Italy the week before the race. I had two great days of training before and I felt really fast on the hard pack.

Anyway the weekend started of on Saturday with practice and qualifying. And I felt so good and comfortable on the track but unfortunately on the already on the free practice I had some bad luck as a rider jumped from right to left in one of the biggest jumps on the track and I ended up landing on him.. fortunately he didn’t go down as I tried my best to not land on him but unfortunately I landed on his bike and I went down really hard. My body was all bruised up and I got knocked out and got taken to the medical center. But nothing was broken I only had a lot of pain from the crash but I knew I had to line up for the qualifying for even having a chance of going out for Sunday’s races.
So I tried my best to recover between the sessions and I took some pain medication and went out and posted two fast laps and I was first but my hand was so swollen so I couldn’t really use my clutch or either move on the bike as I wanted. But as the track got better in the end I dropped back to 4th so I went out for another lap but unfortunately on my slow lap I got taken out by a rider and once again went down quite hard losing my breath and hitting my already sore body. So I wasn’t able to make another fast lap but that was okay as I qualified 4th and got 11th gate pick for the Sundays races.
I was just in chock of all the bad luck and I can’t really say anything else than I’m happy that I qualified and didn’t quit.

So for the Sundays races I woke up and I was even more sore than the day before but I tried my best to get my body ready for the races. And as it had been raining all night the track was really muddy and slick.
Then time for race one I lined up and made a great jump of the gate and I was around 5th then on the first lap going down one of the big downhills I just lost my front and went down again, this time on my own and I just slammed my face to the ground and my goggles was all messed up so I had to take them of and then when I went up the next hill one guy just went over to my line on the outside and put a bug muddy all over my face and in my eye and it was really painful and I couldn’t really see anything but I struggled my way to the pitlain to put new goggles but it was no use I couldn’t see anything from my left eye so I had to retire from the race DNF and I went straight to the medical center for them to try to clean my eye.

Then before the start of the second race I still couldn’t really see from my left eye. It was like blurred vision as the eye. But I was determined to start the race and so I did. I once again mad a good start was around 7th but it was so difficult to see and it was te scary to ride but I didn’t give up but I unfortunately dropped to 14th by the end of the race. But anyway I have to say I’m impressed about myself for even lining up and to finish the race with points. I’m really proud of myself for going trough that even though my riding was terrible but what could I do I absolutely gave it my all this weekend.

I have to say it’s been the most difficult weekend in my career with a lot of bad luck. And believe me I’m not the guy who makes excuses, but I guess sometime this is racing. And like a said before I gave it my best and I’m so happy about myself for not quitting even though it probably would have been for the best as that second race was really dangerous but what can I say I’m determined.

Hopefully now I can recover 100% before next week so I can get some riding in before the next race in Mantova next weekend. My eye is already quite good so now it’s only the body that needs to heal.

I’m sorry for this weekend guys but mostly I’m sorry that I couldn’t show how good I am also in hard pack tracks, but there will be new races for me to show my speed and hopefully by the time when the European championship starts of I will have the luck on my side, but now I know that even with bad luck I will make the best out of it!
Thanks for your support and I hope to give you guys a better update from the next race!
Best regards/ Tim

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar