måndag 1 juli 2019

Yes,, Win in Swedishchampionship


Awesome race weekend in Västerås for rd4 of the Swedish championship. Made great progress on track but also mental, feels so good to know that I’m here to win and that’s no joke now when we have it on paper!





Friday: arrived at the track with 2 really fresh Jwr yz250f Yamaha bikes, and I was so excited and hopeful for the races! The track looked real good and as i have been there one time before on 125 I knew it was a track that fits me properly. 

Saturday: got into qualifying group 2. On the free practice I decided to go in the pits to change the front break as it wasn’t as good as it used to be, so we did that and then I only made one fast lap on that session and posted the best time. Then on to the qualifying, made a decent lap in the middle of the session but struggled big time with lap riders so I felt I had more to give but I had to settle for 2nd in the qualification. But that gave me a really decent gate pic as I could go to the gate in P.3



Race one: made a great jump of the gate was probably first but when we arrived tot the first corner I got tagged with some guy crashing behind of me, but luckily I didn’t go down or lost to much time. I was around 7th on the first lap then just  amazing on the track, posting the fastest lap time and I charged my way back to second and also closing the gap to first but I was happy about my performance. I knew I had that win in me I just needed to put everything together.



Race two: decent jump of the gate was out in 4th place, fast charged into 3rd then I felt this is my race so I put the hammer down and passed for second just some corners after the leader crashed so I found myself in the lead and I got myself and 10 seconds gap to second and just held onto that for the racers of the race to finish of with my first ever race win! 

Race three: did a decent jump again was in the front of the pack got into second was trying to make the pas for the lead but slipped of and went of the track and lost two positions so I was suddenly back in 4th then the heat got the best out of me and I started to get tired but anyway hold on to my speed and made one pass for 3rd and that’s where I finished of, but Then i knew I was going to be the winner of this event. 

Overall: P.1 for the first time and also my first ever race win. Going 2nd, 1st, 3rd and winning the event by 10 points over seconds place gave me a lot of ground in the championship standing where I moved up from 3rd 19 points after to 2nd 4 points after, I’m really happy and I know I have more in me. 

I’m now going to focus on some sand riding as that’s what’s coming up and I already have a good feeling. And for the next Swedish championship race I will bring the heat and go for another win! 
Thanks to everyone for supporting me!!

//Tim

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar