lördag 23 februari 2019

First race of 2019 season, Lacapelle MX

Hi everyone.

I have had a great couple of weeks training with Steven Frossard in south of France. As I chose to do my preparations before the start of the Emx250 season with Steven I feel was a good choice as I feel more confident and comfortable on hard pack tracks which have been my weak point. 
But now after 3 weeks of hard work I feel good and I have high hopes for this season. The only things missing now is a racebike that I will have to test with the team before the opening round in Matterly Basin, 19-03-23. And then I will be 100% ready to battle.


Me and Mathys Boisrame talking between training sessions.  

We decided some weeks before the race in Lacapelle that I was going to ride there so I wasn’t really prepared for it bike wise or gear wise as I had to race with my stock practice bike and some old gears I borrowed from Steven Frossard that he road with 2011.
So as I see it I didn’t have good stuff enough, as I  was way of in the starts because my bike was standard and the other guys had factory bikes. Not easy. But anyway the weekend wasn’t that bad.

It started of on the Saturday when me and my grandpa spent the whole day preparing my practice bike, so I could be able to race with it as I had been training with it for 3 weeks before. But we got the bike ready around 10 o’clock... so I had not even checked the track before race day.
But I did the best out of the situation and woke up at 6 o’clock just to be ready and go out to look at the track.

Then the race started of with 30 min free practice where I struggled a bit with the track but anyway it was only practice so I didn’t make any charges for a lap time.

Then an hour after that we had qualification time practice where I felt better and better every lap I charged. I ended up in 13th place just 3.3 seconds after the leader. It was very tight in the times so I’m quite happy about that. And I knew that I could sure be inside top10.

Race 1: good jump of the gate. But lost everything on the straight because my bike wasn’t strong enough. Then I worked my way up to around 10th place on the first couple of laps then my goggle broke. So I backed down a bit but then made my way up to 12th not far behind top 10. I road stiff didn’t really feel it that moto but anyway I take this race as a practice and hope to improve for the next moto.

Race 2: was last in the start. Consistently worked my way up in the pack marking some good passes and just with one lap to go I found myself in the back of 10th place but just when I was going to make a last lap charge to pass him I lost my front wheel and went down. Really frustrating to finish 14th but I bring with me some good riding and good passes, I felt strong and fast.

Super final with 450 guys: it was sketchy with the sun that low and track in bad conditions with bumps and dust. But when the gate drop I made a good jump but had no chance against the 450 so I backed of and took it easy as it was so many riders going everywhere the first laps. I was 27th but on the last lap I did a rookie mistake again and crashed. I feel so tired and riding was bad but as I said the super final is just to sketchy.

Anyway I will bring the positive stuff on with me to Matterly Basin and I feel the when I get everything together I will be even more fast and confident.

Thanks for supporting me
// Tim Edberg   #26






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar